North Sydney Innovation Network (NSIN) is a not-for-profit innovation and technology organisation. It aims to support and boost the contribution of innovation-related businesses, particularly new start-ups and fast-growth businesses, within the northern Sydney economy and its broader community.
The Chair of the North Sydney Innovation Network identified that he and his team needed marketing, brand, and communication support. The organisation was in its infancy as far as its profile and branding. It also needed to establish a range of internal processes for operations, internal communication, and external marketing.
Claire was the Marketing Manager (part-time) for over 2 years. She:
- developed a marketing and brand strategy
- liaised with team and stakeholders for input
- worked with graphic designers to develop the branding elements
- rolled out the implementation and communication of the new brand, including promoting it at a national conference in Sydney
- created the website content and built it in WordPress
- planned, promoted, and delivered events including liaising with partners
- created an extensive range of marketing material (e.g. banners, stickers, business cards, flyers)
- managed social media channels with a focus on Facebook page and group
- managed projects, interns, and meetings
- contributed to writing (and editing) government submissions and key thought leader reports such as the Drone report:
Drone Report – North Sydney Innovation Network.pdf and Our Future Willoughby Submission.pdf
- wrote media releases e.g. The drones are here; who’s really prepared?
Claire worked in our team (North Sydney Innovation Network) for a bit over a year and in that time was instrumental in driving our brand, from logo design through to final collateral – a brand that has done us proud and remains strong 3 years on. Claire is extremely well organised and in the face of my chaotic ideas generation, was able to consistently drive through stakeholder analysis and marketing strategy, and even event management. She just gets things done!