Canberra Women of Science and Art CompetitionSubmit your artistic interpretation
So you have read about or heard from the inspiring Canberra Women of Science and Art speakers and are ready to get creative?
You can create anything — from art, stories/poems, videos, animations, to comedy and beyond! No limits, go wild (you’ll just need to be able to send it or a photo/video of it electronically and abide by our guidelines see below).
A prize will be awarded for the most creative entry in each of these categories (note that all are for Canberra region* residents except for the Wildcard):
- Under 8 years old
- 8-12 years
- 12-18 years
- Family group
- Wildcard: 18+ / interstate (judges choice).
Prizes include gifts from our speakers (such as a one-on-one or class art lesson with Julia Landford, and a copy of Nicole Godwin’s book ‘Billie’), Questacon passes, National Science week gear, and much more!
* Canberra is defined as the Canberra Region, as defined by the Canberra Region Joint Organisation (CRJO): ACT + 10 Member Councils in South-East NSW. See the list: https://crjo.nsw.gov.au/
Start preparing your ‘artistic interpretation’!
The submission portal will open on 11 August and submissions will close on 30 August at 9am. Submissions will be showcased on the website and on Facebook, so make sure you regularly check back here.
Your submission could be like one of these comics we created!
- Please be respectful to our speakers and their stories.
- Submissions must be original and created for this competition.
- You may submit multiple entries, but only one prize can be awarded per family or home address (this applies across all categories).
- By submitting content you agree to it being used by Innovate Communicate, National Science Week, Inspiring Australia and shared on social media.
- All submissions will be moderated by event organisers.
- Any submissions that are or are perceived to be offensive/inappropriate will be disqualified.
- Derogatory, unlawful, libellous, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented or racially offensive content is strictly forbidden.
- The judges’ decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Review the submission guidelines (left/above on mobile).
Complete consent forms: If your submission includes identifiable photos of individuals, please complete the relevant form below. You will be prompted to submit this when filling out the submission form.
Complete the submission form, see below (via Google Forms or email if you do not have a Google account).
Open Submission FormClick the button to open the Submission form via Google Forms. Note: you will require a Google account. If you do not have a Google account or do not wish to create one, please email your submission, submission form (below), and relevant consent forms to r.arringer[at]gmail.com
Canberra Women of Science and Art Submission Form [Word Doc 0.2MB]
Privacy statement: Any personal data you supply will only be used in relation to the event. This may include us contacting you, using your first name and suburb in any marketing material associated with your submission, or contacting you for feedback. Your personal data will not be shared with anyone else.
Copyright for submitted artwork remains the property of the entrant. The artwork remains the participant’s intellectual property and will be used for non-commercial purposes only. Artists will be credited when artwork is displayed or shared online. Innovate Communicate, National Science Week, Inspiring Australia, and our supporting partners reserve the right to use, share and promote any artwork that is submitted.